Long Term Bike Share
Bike Emory’s Bike Share Program provides a solution to those looking for a bike they can use for a semester at a time. Through the program, you can checkout a Fuji bicycle (see picture below), each equipped with racks to make your ride hassle free.
Pricing (as of July 31, 2013):
- $75 per semester or $130 per year. ($50 online refundable deposit required; remaining charges required at pickup)
- plus $15 for a U-Lock checkout(Have your own U-Lock? We’ll waive the fee! Just bring your lock with you when you pick up your bike)
- Checkout rates may be discounted based on prorated rate (see checkout agreement below)
Interested in checking out out a bike? Just follow these easy steps:
(1) Consult the size guide below, and check our updated bike checkout availability to make sure we have your size on hand.
(2) Then, place an order for your bike checkout (with an easy online payment),
(3) then print out and fill in the waiver and agreement forms.
Bike Checkout Agreement:
(4) After you’ve ordered the bike, Bicycle South will ensure the bike is ready to go, and arrange with you to have it delivered on campus to The Hub (formerly the Repair Center, open on Wednesdays and Fridays), where you can pick it up, or you can swing by Bicycle South to pick it up at your convenience. Make sure you bring your forms and U-Lock (unless you’re leasing one) with you when you get your bike.
(5) Start riding!
(6) After the semester is over, return the bike, or arrange to extend your checkout another term!
Current Availability (As of July 31, 2013)
For detailed instructions on how to identify the right frame size for you, visit our sizing chart page.
|Size||Effective Top Tube||Standover Height||Height Range|
Repairs All bike checkouts include: Broken chain replacement (if needed), flat tire repairs, and unlimited brake, derailleur, and basic adjustments. Just bring the bike to the HUB for service.
-This bike share location is open weekdays between 8AM-6PM.
The bike share program is limited to Emory faculty, staff and students with a valid Emory ID. It is strongly encouraged that you use a helmet in order to participate in the Bike Share program.